This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] course
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
Experience working at the command prompt and with scripting tools likes Windows PowerShell is highly recommended.
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Connect an ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] course before enrolling in VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage.