The Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration course explores building the infrastructure for open cloud computing. Expert Oracle University instructors will show you how to support enterprise applications by deploying pooled server resources to create virtual machines.
- Plan a virtual solution.
- Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager software.
- Configure network resources to provide isolation and redundancy.
- Add SAN and NFS to provision storage for the virtual environment.
- Create server pools and repositories to support application workloads.
- Speed up virtual machine deployment with templates and virtual appliances.
- Use virtual machine high availability.
- Use server pool policies to maximize the performance of your server workloads.
Benefits to You:
Using the Oracle VM application-driven architecture is different from using traditional virtualization. Built with the application stack and manageability in mind, Oracle VM offers a complete lifecycle compute stack virtualization. This course delivers the skill to help you consolidate the server foot print, while acquiring the tools to deploy or consolidate application workloads to a virtualized environment or migrate to a open cloud infrastructure.