This course is designed for developers with basic PL/SQL and SQL language skills. Students learn to develop, execute, and manage PL/SQL stored program units such as procedures, functions, packages, and database triggers. Students also learn to manage, PL/SQL subprograms and triggers.
- Create, and execute stored procedures and functions.
- Design and use PL/SQL packages.
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility.
- Utilize Oracle-Supplied Packages in Application Development.
- Create triggers to solve business challenges.
- Build and execute SQL statements dynamically.
Benefits To You
Students are introduced to the utilization of some of the Oracle-supplied packages. Additionally students learn to use Dynamic SQL, understand design considerations when coding using PL/SQL, understand and influence the PL/SQL compiler, and manage dependencies. In this course, students learn and use Oracle SQL Developer as the main environment tool to develop these program units. SQL*Plus is introduced as optional tools. Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts.