This Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training takes the database administrator beyond the basic tasks covered in the first workshop. You’ll begin by gaining a deep understanding of the most important responsibilities a DBA has: performing backup and recovery.
- Diagnose and repair data failures with Flashback technology.
- Manage space to optimize database storage so you can respond to growing space requirements.
- Monitor and manage major database components, including memory, performance and resources.
- Secure the availability of your database through appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Automate DBA tasks with the Scheduler.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Backup & Recovery
The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps required to execute it in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. You’ll learn how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios.
Manage Memory Effectively
You’ll also learn how to manage memory effectively, as well as how to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks. Instructors will review all types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database and controlling system resource usage.