The Java SE 7: Develop Rich Client Applications training takes you through the process of designing a rich client application using Java SE 7 and Java FX 2. Using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern and a case study approach, you’ll learn to analyze, design and develop the user interface, connect the user interface to a database and finally connect the user interface to a RESTful web service.
- Create a graphical user interface using Java FX.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to database using JPA.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to a RESTful web service.
- Package and deploy a Java FX application.
- Sign a Java FX application.
- connect their application to a RESTful web service using JAX-RS and the Jersey API.
Learn How to Create a User Interface
The user interface is created using key Java FX components including layouts, UI controls, data structures like ObservableList, charts, smart tables, CSS and JavaFX concurrency libraries. You’ll also learn to add two tier and three tier features to your application by connecting to a database using the Java Persistence API (JPA).
Additional Topics Include:
- Packaging and deploying your application.
- Developing secure applications.
- Signing an application and authentication.
- Adding logging to your application.
- Implementing unit testing with JUnit.